JailBreaking iPhone is the first thing that a guys does, after buying it. Jailbreaking has become very popular and easy, everybody does it. In simple words, by jailbreaking, we are either installing Cydia or Rock. Cydia was the first application that came into action, it enabled your to install 3rd party applications into the phone. It remained popular and still remains very popular. But the recent, ‘Rock your phone’ app, is the 1st fully independent app store for iPhone. It has everything in cydia and even more.
Personally I prefer rock, and there are several reasons for that. I will just point out the same :
- Rock works offline, while cydia doesn’t work offline very well.
- Rock is way easier and user friendly.
- By opening a Rock account we can backup the apps and licences.
- Rock seems to be faster than cydia.
- We can manage rock via PC also, by downloading the PC application from ‘rock your phone’ website.
- Rocks seems to be less buggy than Cydia.
- Supports screenshots, so that we can see the app before installing just like the app store.
Here is a screenshot of the rock PC application :
Updates are simple. Simply click Install Updates when they are available.
You can manage the Apps on your phone, both via the Desktop Client as well as the Rock.app on your iPhone.
I believe that clearly declares the winner, its none other than Rock !