Prototypes is a new Mac App Store application that lets you take your still images and create a tappable prototype app that runs on the iPhone
Prototypes is the best way to share, and test, your iPhone App mockups. Turn your still mockup images from Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks (anything!) into a tappable prototype that runs on iPhone and iPod Touch.
Prototypes helps you…
• Test designs on your iPhone; Are the tap targets right? Does the IA make sense? Do people ‘get it’? Find out!
• Get feedback from a client/boss/coworker on mockups they can try in seconds, anywhere in the world
• Demo an app idea to a potential customer or investor before it even exists
• Iterate quickly on App ideas, no code required
If you’re a designer, a developer or an ‘ideas guy’, Prototypes can help. And the fully-integrated ptyp.es hosting means you don’t need anything else in order to share your mockups with one, or a hundred people.
• Rapid construction using connectable hotspots of app flow
• Transition animations between screens for that familiar look and feel
• Completely integrated creation and uploading of Prototypes web apps that run on iPhone and iPod touch
• One click sharing on ptyp.es, fast and secure prototype hosting is included (30 days per prototype)
• Support for 1x and 2x (retina) mockups. You can even drag a PSD file directly
Try the results yourself:
1. Point your iPhone or iPod touch to ptyp.es
2. Follow installation instructions
3. Enter PIN 1467 5639
4. Tap through the mockup!
iPad template coming soon in a free update!
You can purchase Prototypes from the App Store for $39.99.
Read More [via Dave]