Yahoo Messenger App 2.0 was already available for iPhone 4 as it was already been discussed here. Using the iPhone 4, we can make video calls over 3G to a PC or Mac and vise versa using this app. Now Yahoo Messenger App gets an updated to enable video calling on iPod touch 4G too.
Few moments ago, Apple pushed iOS 4.2 Gold Master into Developers Center. The newly released Redsn0w 0.9.6 has been confirmed to jailbreak iOS 4.2 GM on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod touch 4G / 3G / 2G and iPad. So, if you have got your copy of iOS 4.2 GM, you will be able to jailbreak it using the instructions posted below.
Today Apple released to developers the GM seed for 4.2. Tinkerers will find that yesterday’s redsn0w jailbreaks today’s 4.2 GM seed, simply by pointing redsn0w at the 4.1 IPSW (rather than the 4.2 one). Right now it mostly only makes sense for JB app developers to do that because many apps (including Cydia itself) need to be updated for 4.2. However, if all you want to do is enable afc2 (to use iFunBox or other file browsers), or to tweak settings like Battery % and Homescreen wallpapers, then go for it (if you have valid paid access to the GM seed). Be sure to uncheck the Cydia box, though! Ultrasn0w unlockers should stay very far away from this!! Continue…
These are instructions on how to jailbreak your iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 4G using Greenpois0n for Mac. Greenpois0n only supports iOS 4.1 firmware.
Open your web browser of choice and navigate to http://www.greenpois0n.com. Click the Mac link at the bottom of the screen.
What you saw is the next generation iPhone…!
• Front-facing video chat camera
• Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS)
• Camera flash
• Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)
• Improved display. It’s unclear if it’s the 960×460 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the “Connect to iTunes” screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS.
• What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack
• Split buttons for volume
• Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic
• The back is entirely flat, made of either glass (more likely) or shiny plastic in order for the cell signal to poke through. Tapping on the back makes a more hollow and higher pitched sound compared to tapping on the glass on the front/screen, but that could just be the orientation of components inside making for a different sound
• An aluminum border going completely around the outside
• Slightly smaller screen than the 3GS (but seemingly higher resolution)
• Everything is more squared off
• 3 grams heavier
• 16% Larger battery
• Internals components are shrunken, miniaturized and reduced to make room for the larger battery
[ via Gizmodo]
HTC has released thier promotional video for thier latest EVO 4G. Its covers all the top features including live wallpapers for HTC Sense !
Have a look :
Here is a little insight into the latest rumors about the iPhone 4g, or may be “iPhone HD”. Thats right! The name could be iPhone HD because of its high resolution screen – 960 x 640, thats almost quadrupling the number of pixels.
Engadget apparently has it on good authority that the device we have so longed referred to as the “iPhone 4G” will actually be the “iPhone HD.” As far as naming conventions go, this would actually make a lot of sense and eliminate confusion.
The iPhone HD will have :
- Speedy A4 processor – According to Gruber, the chip powering the iPhone HD will share its bloodline with the A4 system-on-a-chip that powers the iPad.
- The Cool new display resolution – I know its much higher than what we expected, but you know APPLE, in their case we have to expect the unexpected !
- New looks – All though this has not been confirmed yet, we are expected to have a fresh look for the new iPhone, since there are hardware changed that include a front camera.
- Multi-tasking – You read right, the next-generation iPhone should correct the number one criticism about the phone that even the iPad has not. It will run more than one app at the same time.
- Front-facing camera – Video conferring support. A front-facing camera will allow you to view the screen at the same time you shoot yourself with it, for Skype-style video conferencing on the go.
The phone will be announced on coming June 22, with a launch in this summer!!