Gameloft has announced that its popular Asphalt 8: Airborne racing game is free for this weekend only.
The best iOS arcade racing game series reaches a new turning point! Perform dynamic, high-speed aerial stunts in an intense driving experience powered by a brand-new physics engine!
LUXURY DREAM CARS
• 47 high-performance cars (80% NEW!)
• Top licensed manufacturers and models like the Lamborghini Veneno, Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari FXX and Pagani Zonda R
• Newly recorded high-fidelity motor sounds for realistic audio immersion.
• Hit the ramps and take the race upward
• Perform barrel rolls and wild 360º jumps
• Maneuver through the air while pulling off stunts
NEW EXOTIC LOCATIONS
• 9 different settings, such as Venice, French Guiana, Iceland, the Nevada Desert & other exciting locations!
• All tracks available in original and mirror variations in Career mode
• Discover plenty of hidden shortcuts
NEW FEATURES FOR SPEED FREAKS
• 8 seasons & 180 events in the Career mode
• Stunning visuals thanks to next-gen shaders, real-time geometry reflection & other amazing effects
• Check out the new Infected and Drift Gate modes
• A detailed damage system
SIMULTANEOUS MULTIPLAYER & GHOST CHALLENGES
• Simultaneous multiplayer action for up to 8 opponents (not available for iPod touch 4th generation and iPhone 4)
• Dare friends to asynchronous races
• Compare scores on the new leaderboards with friends and drivers around the world
• Share your racing achievements and prove that you’re the ultimate speed machine
MUSIC TO REV YOUR SOUL
• A heart-thumping mix of amazing licensed music
• Featuring tracks from Bloc Party, Mutemath & The Crystal Method!
You can download Asphalt 8: Airborne from the App Store for free.
If you were one of the thousands begging chpwn for the ability to not only multitask but also for the ability to get onto your home screen using only touch gestures, then you’ll be very happy to hear that he has done just that. To do this, chpwn has updated his extremely popular Zephyr (touch multitasking) tweak, that allows you to toggle the App Switcher, switch between applications, and now exit an application using only touch gestures without ever having to use your home button. Here is a video demonstration of the new features:
I was at first confused as to how exactly you open the App Switcher since it appeared as though the settings were merged with that of closing an application. The key is that you pause halfway, it will take approximately one second for Zephyr to realize that you want the App Switcher open and that you don’t want to only close the application. Even under the circumstances that you do exit the application, you can always open the App Switcher when you are on the home screen after exiting.
For many of us who purchased Zephyr, this literally means that we don’t ‘have’ to use the home button anymore. The only reason that I could possibly see fit for using the home button is to enter DFU mode. I don’t use the iOS 5 Camera button from the lock screen often, and I don’t normally use the home button as a shortcut for going from the last SpringBoard page to the first. That being said, I think that Zephyr has replaced a hardware function of iOS with a great software counterpart.
You can go into the Zephyr settings and choose between swiping up to both toggle the App Switcher and exiting an application, or you can choose to have only the App Switcher opened. It’s up to you how you ultimately want to use Zephyr, since the settings are extensive and intuitive. If you have never bought Zephyr before, buying version 1.1 will set you back $2.99 and you can download it from the BigBoss repo today!
STEP 1: Backup your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and restore it using the iOS 5.0.1 or 5.0 IPSW file downloaded above.
STEP 2: Plug in your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 you want to jailbreak.
STEP 3: Now open GreenPois0n Absinthe and make sure that your device is detected then hit the jailbreak button as shown.
STEP 4: Now you’ll see “Restoring in Progress”, you should wait for few minutes. Once done, get on your iPhone and you’ll find an icon named “Absinthe”, hit it and this will open greenpois0n.com which will install Cydia on your device replacing the Absinthe icon as shown.
For FATAL(_LINE_) error, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content And Settings. Then do the procedure all over again.
For Camera Roll error: You can simply fix this error by rerunning the jailbreak on the A5 device.
For error establishing database connection : You can fix “error establishing a database connection” message by going to Settings > General > Network > VPN > ON. Now try again and you won’t receive this message.
iOS 5 beta 2 direct download links have been given below (via) but please download iOS 5 beta 2 at your own discretion. In order to upgrade your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to iOS 5 beta 2, you also need to download iTunes 10.5 beta 2.
Apple has just relesed iTunes 10.3 for Windows and Mac OS X users, iTune version is not a beta, iTunes 10.3 will encompass the new capabilities that iOS 5 and iCloud will offer upon release. Two other cool features that come bundled with iTunes 10.3 are the iBookstore for Mac and PC and the new purchased tab.