Follow the steps below which shows you how to use GreenPois0n Absinthe to jailbreak iPhone 4S on iOS 5 / 5.0.1 and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1.
- Download iTunes from here.
- Download Greenpois0n Absinthe 0.1.2-2 (Mac OS X [mirror] – Windows [Guide])
- Download iPhone 4S 5.0 (9A334), 5.0.1 (9A405) or 5.0.1 (9A406).
- Download iPad 2 5.0.1 (9A405)
STEP 1: Backup your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and restore it using the iOS 5.0.1 or 5.0 IPSW file downloaded above.
STEP 2: Plug in your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 you want to jailbreak.
STEP 3: Now open GreenPois0n Absinthe and make sure that your device is detected then hit the jailbreak button as shown.
STEP 4: Now you’ll see “Restoring in Progress”, you should wait for few minutes. Once done, get on your iPhone and you’ll find an icon named “Absinthe”, hit it and this will open greenpois0n.com which will install Cydia on your device replacing the Absinthe icon as shown.
- For FATAL(_LINE_) error, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content And Settings. Then do the procedure all over again.
- For Camera Roll error: You can simply fix this error by rerunning the jailbreak on the A5 device.
- For error establishing database connection : You can fix “error establishing a database connection” message by going to Settings > General > Network > VPN > ON. Now try again and you won’t receive this message.