337 days following the handset’s initial release in North America, Apple is finally introducing the iPhone 4 in India.
As you can see, Indian Apple fans have the ability to purchase an iPhone 4 “practically for free,” and can receive 100 percent of the handset’s price (Rs. 34,500 for the 16GB model and Rs. 40,900 for the 32GB model) back in monthly credits, over the course of a year – providing they pay for the iPhone 4 in full upfront.
Telecom operators Bharti airtel and Aircel today said they will start selling Apple’s iPhone 4 in India from May 27. According to Aircel :
- Following an upfront payment of Rs. 34,500 for the 16GB model and Rs. 40,900 for the 32GB model, customers will have the opportunity to recover 100 percent of their upfront iPhone cost in monthly credits on their service plan over a period of 24 months.
- “With a robust roll out of Aircel’s 3G services in 13 circles across India, the launch of iPhone 4 will allow our consumers to truly savour the 3G experience,” Aircel Director Sandip Das said in a statement.
- “With our incredible new price plans, we aim to make iPhone more affordable than ever,” Das said.
Sygic India, previously known as mobile maps india has plenty of new features in this update. The new apps mainly includes 3D view of cities and landscapes. You can purchase this app for $49.99.
- Sygic is the professional turn-by-turn GPS navigation app
- Sygic boasts an intuitive interface: drag the map, pinch to zoom, change point of view using built-in compass and tap target square to choose action
- Sygic is packed with valuable content: maps with 3D view of cities and landscape that are updated for free, travel guides, and thousands of POIs in comprehensive categories
PROFFESIONAL GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Turn by turn voice guided GPS navigation
- 3D cities and landscape (In-App purchase)
- Road incident sharing and real-time incident notifications
- Speed camera and speed limit display and audio warning
- Lane Assistant and signposts
COMPATIBLE TO THE MAX
- Hardware accelerated 3D rendering
- Native iPhone or iPad keyboard
- Compass-assisted direction detection
- Support for iPhone 4 Retina display
- Automatic resolution adaptation to iPad display
- iOS4 support with multitasking and fast app switching
- iOS3 compatibility
- Latest TomTom maps stored on the phone
- Free map updates
- Speed limit, speed camera and points of interest updates
- 3D view of cities and landscape (In-App purchase)
- City guides from premium providers and from Wikipedia (In-App purchase)
ADVANCED ROUTE PLANNING
- Build routes with a single tap or waypoint by waypoint
- Save routes
- Edit routes – change the order, add or delete waypoints, destination and starting point
- Set starting point independently from current location
- See route instructions as text or pictures
- Avoid any section of the route with a single tap
- Direct Street Search with no need to remember names of cities or suburbs to find a destination
- Smart search which handles typos
- Navigate to Contacts
- Navigate to a Postal Code
- Navigate to points of interest
- Navigate Home
APP THAT FITS YOUR NEEDS
- Customize what you want to see on the navigation screen
- Save and edit favorites according to your needs
- Stopwatch for your outdoor activities
- Traveled routes statistics and altitude profiles in Travel Book
- Pedestrian navigation
- Facebook and Twitter integration
- Friends on the map
SAFETY AND USER COMFORT
- Car audio integration using Bluetooth or cable
- Music fading during navigation so you won’t miss a turn
- Seamless navigation while calling with automatic return to navigation
- Voice guidance from background when the screen is turned off
- Provide feedback, vote for new features or contact support directly from within the app
Motorola has introduced first dual-SIM supporting Google Android smartphone XT800 Glam in India. The new Motorola XT800 Glam is India’s first Android smartphone to support dual-SIM (GSM+CDMA) handset. The new XT800 Glam handset runs Android 2.2 Froyo and is priced at Rs. 31,999.
New Motorola XT800 Glam has a 3.7-inch touchscreen FWVGA (480×854) capacitive display supporting 16:9 aspect ratio natively. By default, the new XT800 Glam will come with Google Android 2.2 Froyo update. Aimed at the multi-media frenzy folks, the XT800 Glam handset has a 5-megapixel camera capable of 720p HD video capture and also an HDMI out port for plugging it to an HD TV. Continue Reading
- 480 x 854 pixels, 3.7 inch display
- DUST Proof
- - Gorilla Glass display
- - Touch sensitive controls
- - MOTOBLUR UI with Live Widgets
- - Multi-touch input method
- - Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
- - Proximity sensor for auto turn-off
- ANDROID 2.2
- 800MHz processor
- 5 MP Autofocus Camera dual led Flash
- 512 MB RAM Continue Reading
The App store is now filled a lot of application dedicated to Indian’s. The numbers of iPhone users in India has had a drastic increase, and that has promoted many brands in creating native iPhone apps. Let’s have a look at few them. I will be discussing about the most popular as well apps, that I found useful.
1. NDTV (Free)
Verdict : I’d say, its the best news app thats made in India and make for India!
Get all the latest news from this app! You get news thats updated live, photos, video and what not. Since its free it is ad supported, but that’s not a problem. Here are a few screenshots : Continue Reading
After months of waiting, the iPhone 3GS has finally landed in India. While Airtel did announce last week that they are launching the iPhone in the country, they hadn’t revealed price details of the handset.
Well, that was two days ago. We now have the pricing details of the iPhone 3GS in India revealed a few hours ago. Apparently, the older 8GB 3G version of the iPhone will continue to be sold here at a price of Rs. 29,500. The 16GB 3GS will set you back by a cool Rs. 35,500 while the top-end, 32GB iPhone 3GS will cost an outrageous 41,500 in India. These will be available in India from on March 26.
Airtel also has a data plan for iPhone users (the handsets will be locked to the Airtel network) that will give the 500MB of free data every month for an entire year (starting from the date of activation).