These are instructions on how to perform an untethered jailbreak of your iPad on iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe for Windows.
Warning***: Before you continue make sure to do a backup of your device in iTunes as you may lose your Camera Roll during this process.
Download the latest version of Absinthe from here.
Extract the downloaded archive.
Double click the absinthe-win-2.0.exe file from the folder that was just extracted.
This will create a new folder called absinthe-win-2.0.
Open the newly created folder and launch absinthe.exe.
As prompted, connect your iPad to the computer via USB. Make sure to remove any passcodes or VPN settings you’ve previously set.
Click the Jailbreak button to begin
The application will take you through several steps to jailbreak including: beginning jailbreak, sending initial jailbreak data, sending final jailbreak data, waiting for reboot, and waiting for process to complete.
You will be informed that the jailbreak is ‘Done’.
In a few moments you will notice Cydia appear on your Springboard!
Track 8 by Ender labs brings a windows 8 metro style UI to the iPad, a redesigned music player, that mimics the windows 8 user interface. The UI is really simple and stylish, You can select Metro-style Tiles, equipped with high-resolution cover art for your new music, listening history, most played tracks as well as artists, albums and playlists.
The home page consists of history, and most played, all the songs and albums are arranged a high res tiles. At the top we can change view, artists, albums or playlists. And at the bottom we have the music player controls. The artists and album view are arranged in alphabetic order.
You can also customise the app a lot, there are several options for the background picture and there are a variety of colour schemes.
It’s a great app for those who prefer a change from the boring default music interface.
You can download the app from app store from $1.99
The newly released Apple’s handset, the iPhone 4S, can be jailbroken on both iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 firmware untethered. On the other hand, the iPad 2 can only be untethered jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1.
Before you start, make sure that you have updated your device and created a backup so that you can restore your apps, photos, media, contacts and everything. Also unlock your device by typing the passcode if necessary.
STEP 1: Download CLI Absinthe for Windows and Mac OS X from here.
STEP 2: Unzip the folder named cinject_0.4.3 into the system folder, i.e. C:\.
STEP 3: Now go to the start menu, click on run and type in cmd.exe.
TEP 4: In the command window, type: CD C:\cinject_0.4.3 as shown to get into the required folder.
STEP 5: You’ll now need to execute CLI. Do this by typing: cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig
STEP 6: Now execute cinject.exe -j payloads and wait for the backup.
STEP 7: Finally execute the command cinject.exe -w.
STEP 8: Get in your device and tap on Absinthe icon to get your jailbreak done in few minutes.
- For FATAL(_LINE_) error, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content And Settings. Then do the procedure all over again.
- For Camera Roll error: You can simply fix this error by rerunning the jailbreak on the A5 device.
- For error establishing database connection : You can fix “error establishing a database connection” message by going to Settings > General > Network > VPN > ON. Now try again and you won’t receive this message.
AirPlay is now available for your Windows Media Center box. It was only a matter of time after the AirPlay encryption keys were cracked that we would start to see AirPlay appearing on other platforms. Now it has been ported to the very popular Windows Media Center.
Developer Thomas Pleasance has put together a simple install package that does its magic and sure enough, once installed, your Media Center box appears on your iOS device as AirPlay capable.
There is currently no support for music streaming or video content which contains DRM; such as iTunes purchased content. Photos, YouTube and any other video content seem to work perfectly. The software is currently in beta but don’t let that put you off!
Maha, has tons of cool animation and lovely UI. The Maha will bring the windows phone 7 metro UI to iPhone. The client has almost all the option that the best twitter client should have.
Some amazing features:
- Support for unlimited account
- Ability to add geotagging to tweet
- Tips to complete the type of nickname
- Full-screen browser integrated
- Integrated map
- Ability to upload multiple images
- Auto-save of the post is not published
Maha supports all iDevices, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad but requires iOS 4.0 or later. You can get the application for the $0.99 from iTunes app store.
Maha is a Twitter client, focusing on animations and interface. Other apps give you themes to select, but never give you a full customization. Maha allows you to pick whatever color you want, tune your client with your taste! With gorgeous animations, this app is also lightning fast , which can perform smooth animations even on iPhone 3G, give you another level of user experience.
Microsoft today previewed the next major release of Windows Phone, code-named ‘Mango’.
The ‘Mango’ update is said to bring 500 new features to the operating system and will be available this fall.
Here are some of the new features:
• Threads. Switch between text, Facebook chat and Windows Live Messenger within the same conversation.
• Groups. Group contacts into personalized Live Tiles to see the latest status updates right from the Start Screen and quickly send a text, email or IM to the whole group.
• Deeper social network integration. Twitter and LinkedIn feeds are now integrated into contact cards, and “Mango” includes built-in Facebook check-ins and new face detection software that makes it easier to quickly tag photos and post to the Web.
• Linked inbox. See multiple email accounts in one linked inbox. Conversations are organized to make it easy to stay on top of the latest mail.
• Hands-free messaging. Built-in voice-to-text and text-to-voice support enables hands-free texting or chatting.
• App Connect. By connecting apps to search results and deepening their integration with Windows Phone Hubs, including Music and Video and Pictures, “Mango” allows apps to be surfaced when and where they make sense.
• Improved Live Tiles. Get real-time information from apps without having to open them. Live Tiles can be more dynamic and hold more information.
• Multitasking. Quickly switch between apps in use and allow apps to run in the background, helping to preserve battery life and performance.
• Internet Explorer 9. A browser based on the powerful Internet Explorer 9 and including support for HTML5 and full hardware acceleration.
• Local Scout. Provides hyperlocal search results and recommends nearby restaurants, shopping and activities in an easy-to-use guide.
• Bing on Windows Phone. More ways to search the Web, including Bing Vision, Music Search and Voice so it’s easy to discover and decide.
• Quick Cards. When searching for a product, movie, event or place, see a quick summary of relevant information, including related apps.
Microsoft gave Engadget a demo which can be viewed below…
Google’s first Chrome OS notebook, the Cr-48 desinged to run Google Chrome OS has been hacked to run Ubuntu, Mac OS X, and Windows. The Cr-48 isn’t for general sale, instead being distributed as part of Google’s preview program for Chrome OS. You can find instructions on how to install Ubuntu and Windows 7 on Something Awful. A guide for Mac OS X should be posted soon. Continue reading